Engel

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

di immortales virtutem approbare, non adhibere debent

"Uh, actually...I was a heretic before it was 'cool'" -Hipgnostic

Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex!

Poll

Who's the new Pontifex?

[ 1 ]
    Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_left7%Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_left13%Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_left7%Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_left20%Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_left39%Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Bar_right [39%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Phill
    Phill

Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Empty Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex!

Post  Phill Thu May 31, 2012 7:31 pm

Well, time to use the goddamn Forum Polls for something!

So, you guys want an Engel Pontifex? I was thinking about putting forth some crazy-ass ideas, like Michael, Melek, or Lilith, but I decided against that. Instead, as I think befits your first vote, we'll deal with more earthly, normal Engel.

Below you'll find the description of 6 Engel that would be suitable as the Pontifex. They all exist now, if they didn't before. This is a meta-game vote, so do not be concerned about "democracy" in the Church. Whichever Engel gets the most votes will be the new Pontifex as decided by what/whomever gets to decide such things in-game.

Feel free to lobby, etc. I'll leave this open for two weeks, since I'm sure I can avoid mentioning the new Pontifex Maximus during the next episode.

You can vote for multiple choices, I think. You can also change your vote, as far as this thing is telling me...

Ties will be decided by me, so if you fuck around I will exercise my powers.
    Phill
    Phill

Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex! Empty Re: Roma Aeturna Idol - Vote for the Next-ifex!

Post  Phill Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 pm

And your contestants are:

Sahaquiel – He is the eldest Ramielite, at 19 (perhaps 20). He looks like more of a Ramielite monk than an Engel. His wings are small and out of use, he wears dirty robes, has a few days of beard growth on his face, and has to wear spectacles. He is, however, the utmost authority on Church lore and dogma, hands down. He is widely respected and known for his wisdom outside his Order. Sahaquiel has been the advisor to many high ranking Church and secular officials in the most tricky of circumstances. He is also the only surviving member of the Abeloth/Xiel/Nimael Fellowship, which makes him famous. His politics are not well known, but he seems to put accommodation and unity over partisanship.
    Why Him?: His omniscient knowledge of the treaties, laws and loopholes of the Church would allow him to facilitate unity among the Orders. He is essentially a neutral party, and a safe choice.

Zoraiel – He is one of the eldest Gabrielites. He is among the few of the Old Guard that stayed behind and obeyed the Ab during the Infernal Battle. He has the same uncommon facial structure and skin coloring as Zabbaiel, with nearly as many scars and shock red hair. Zoraiel is the Terminatus, a Gabrielite who has had his Purification suspended so that he can facilitate the coordination of other elder Gabrielites who wish to die in battle rather than through that peaceful sacrament. He is a general and warrior among the Engel, cunning, brutal and the embodiment of Death. He has close ties with the two remaining Praefectus of the Templar.
    Why Him?: He is the perfect choice to lead the Church against the Dreamseed in an almighty Crusade. He has proven his loyalty to the Church as well and has connections to the military.

Caanoth – This mysterious Urielite is the only surviving member of a Fellowship that was sent to map the Holy Lands and track the Dreamseed. He has been gone for 10 years, but recently returned in nearly the same condition as when he left. He has created a detailed report of a land beyond Megiddo that is green and pure, as though war has never touched it. He is also a master of tactics, and has the uncanny ability to guide the Urielite war-efforts directly to well hidden heretics and hostile Dreamseed. He has the ear of Ab Reclaire and is kept close to him at all times.
    Why Him?: If we assume that each Order was asked to offer up a candidate, I suppose he would be the one that the Urielites would select. Why, though, is a mystery that only Reclaire knows.

Ouviel – She is not an elder Michaelite, but rather a contemporary of Layliel’s. She is the Oris Aurum, an Engel given the specific position of liaison to all the noble families of Roma Aeturna. When they desire an Engel’s blessing, she performs it for them (or finds the correct Engel to do so). Unlike the countless other Michaelitin that have had her job, she embraces it fully. She has political mastery unlike any other Church official, and has made herself beloved of the upper Roma crust. She is immune to censure and has considerable weight to throw around. Still, she is not corrupt or decadent. Ouviel often plays nobles off each other (unbeknownst to them) to facilitate the flow of gold into the Church’s coffers.
    Why Her?: She would undoubtedly be nominated by the surviving nobles of Roma Aeturna.

Venahaal – While not an elder Engel, she is particularly well known among the Raphaelites. She coordinates the coalition known as the Grey, which is made from a majority of Raphaelitin. She stresses balance between their philosophical extremes and is respected for her patience. She has remained as separate as possible from the Ab Fabrizia, and spoke out against the March on Nuremberg.
    Why Her?: She represents the largest segment of the largest Order. The actual Grey Hand would never be offered or considered for the position, as he is affiliated with the Fellowship of Adam. Moreover, Zadkiel and Atiniel refused the position. Her stance on unity/harmony can be extrapolated as a good political message for the unity of the Orders.

Atamoth – She is the eldest Sarielite, at 14. She is a beautiful dark skinned girl without any scars, blemishes or imperfections. She is eerily reminiscent of Layliel, but exudes kindness while the Michaelite is cold. Little is known of her, but her position of Castus Prime is reserved for only the most pure of the Sarielitin. It has not been conferred in decades, mostly because of their dwindling presence and numbers, so her attainment of the title makes her the de facto head of her tiny order. Unlike many Sarielites, she has been outside their Sanctuary, although exactly how and why is kept secret.
    Why Her?: As a Sarielite, and the most pure of them all, she embodies the Holiness of the Church. She also bears no wings and is quite young, so she is most similar in form to the last Pontifex. The ascension of the Sarielite Order would be a good symbol of rebirth from tragedy.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 am