Engel

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

di immortales virtutem approbare, non adhibere debent

"Uh, actually...I was a heretic before it was 'cool'" -Hipgnostic

4 posters

Odds and Ends

Cathetel
    Cathetel

Odds and Ends Empty Odds and Ends

Post  Cathetel Tue May 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Some design concept for male and female templar armors. Since they're often described as being samurai-like I borrowed heavily from those designs with some additional chinese and korean influences.

I'm thinking that different colors for the waist adornments could potentially indicate the soldier's order and rank. Medallions would bear the insignia of the Angelitic church.

Materials would include laquered wood, metal, leather, and cloth. The boots have a much more modern design with reclaimed rubber possibly being used for the soles for a longer lasting tread. Also, two different styles of helmet, maybe different occupations? The preference of the wearer?

What do you guys think? Any ideas or suggestions?
    Odds and Ends Templa10
    Iridiel
    Iridiel
    Admin

Odds and Ends Empty Re: Odds and Ends

Post  Iridiel Wed May 16, 2012 11:53 am

Very nice! Spot on I think from Phil's original description. For some reason, and it may be because of my preconceived notion of a templar, I have always pictured them with more cloth wrapped around their person.

The armor would still be there, but either holy writs or trappings hanging off their legs/arms. Banners too! And skirts! (not that skanky shit, like full length dresses)

I hate games that put men in heavy armor and then put females in scandalous outfits.

cat
    Zabbaiel
    Zabbaiel

Post  Zabbaiel Wed May 16, 2012 6:39 pm

You like it when I put you in scandalous outfits and that's a game we play...
    Phill
    Phill

Post  Phill Wed May 16, 2012 7:05 pm

The combination of the Roman style right arm and Japanese style left arm is brilliant.

I agree that they should have some kinda holy mantra on their person. It makes sense considering their Focus based powers. Perhaps the votive prayer-cloths could be hanging from their weapons/sheathes?

Wonderful work.
    Cathetel
    Cathetel

Post  Cathetel Wed May 16, 2012 8:07 pm

You mean boobies are not the only vital organs that need to be protected on a woman's body!?

Outrageous.

Thanks for the great suggestions! I totally have to agree that more holy vestments should be present in the design- I really like the idea of using them with the weapons, sort of blessing the item in question. Maybe even integrated into some sort of rain gear like a cloak or cape? It would be easy to add and modify in this way as well as still lending some practicality.

I wanted to use the more Roman-style shoulder guard as something like a built-in shield like the Engel have but lighter, since these guys already have enough layers strapped to their chests. I like the Japanese-style guard for the flexibility and imagine this to be the dominant weapon hand, while the other faces and shields from on oncoming attack.

Matt, I think you're going to like the ideas I have for church garments/robes. Seems like it would be right up your alley!

Also, now I have all sorts of very silly Zab/Iri fanficfodder running through my brain. Thanks a lot for that. I'm going to watch videos of kittens now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:55 pm