Engel

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

di immortales virtutem approbare, non adhibere debent

"Uh, actually...I was a heretic before it was 'cool'" -Hipgnostic

5 posters

Secondary Game

Zabbaiel
    Zabbaiel

Secondary Game Empty Secondary Game

Post  Zabbaiel Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Phill has recently told me in a fit of desperation and tears that he hates us all and wants a second game to be run so he can be an asshole too (he may have actually nonchalantly suggested that he wants to play in a game, but I was too busy figuring out a way to turn Iridiel into a +80 bomb to pay attention). I am down with this idea and will offer up two games I am willing to run to the crowd. If you have any long term games you want to run, please post a similar description. If you have any questions about the proposed games, please ask. If you favor any of the games, please post which ones and what your availability is.
    Zabbaiel
    Zabbaiel

Secondary Game Empty Re: Secondary Game

Post  Zabbaiel Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:18 pm

The City

Influences: David Fincher, Brett Easton Ellis, Chuck Palahniuk, Christopher Nolan

System: World of Darkness

Theme Song: Lana Del Rey – Off to the Races

Possible Objectives: Control the City, Save the City, Burn the City

The City will be a dark Drama/Mystery/Crime that will drastically de-emphasize physical combat and promote political/social turmoil. It will cover the rise and fall of a metropolis as the players deal with power struggles, psychological issues, and moral issues. I’ll also toss in a whole bunch of unforeseen jackassery too just to make it fun.

This game will be as stylish as possible. Lots of Film Noir, Mod and Pulp with a Post-Modern Sensibility.

I plan on telling this story in a multiple perspective fashion in a vein similar to A Song of Ice and Fire. This game will be explicitly PvP. I want to open the door to competing philosophies and make good and evil as relative as possible. This will also be an information control game where there will be plenty of secrets and manipulation.

Drama will take a front seat to mechanics. I will kill a mechanically invincible character and let a cripple live forever.

This will socially be high concept, but I will ease off mechanics as much as possible. This will be more of a story than a game. This game is all about power, secrets and intrigue. The game may start off slow, but I promise to get it running and dramatic as fast as I can.

Sample Characters: Good Cop, Bad Cop, Rich Boy, Hooker
    Bad Characters: Navy SEAL, Spy, NASCAR Driver
    Zabbaiel
    Zabbaiel

Post  Zabbaiel Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:23 pm

The Legend of the Three Crystals/Evolution of an RPG

Influences: Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Dragon Quest, etc.

System: Multiple (Initially an Old School RPG Type System or D&D)

Theme Song: Final Fantasy 6 – Menu Theme

Only Objective: Save the World!!!!!!

The Legend of the Three Crystals/Evolution of an RPG will be a four part epic that will cover four separate eras and use four different systems in succession. It will also be a tribute to the history of console RPGs. This may appear to be a monstrous undertaking, but every era will be very much its own game and will not require past or future knowledge in order to play. The advantage of playing this way is that the player gets to help create the history of this world and see the long term effects of their actions. Also, you enjoy the advantages of playing in a familiar land while mechanics and story are updated once they get outdated/boring. My favorite part of this whole endeavor is that every Part of the Epic will be an evolutionary leap forward for the way Console RPGs are designed (Part 1 will be the simple NES slash and grab while Part 4 will be the insane mess of secrets and twists of the modern console RPG)

I have plenty of ideas for Parts 2 to 4, but they all predicate on what the players do in Part 1 so I will only talk of that.

Part 1 will be the Age of Heroes. This will be the simplest and shortest of the Eras. This is a time when Man knew not what evil was. The world existed in harmony. That shit is about to change. Heroes will rise to confront the first source of Darkness and the world will never be the same because of it.

This will definitely be a cut-scene and combat game. It will definitely be linear, but I will give the players as many choices as possible. Also, I will ask for input on the background of the world.

This will be a mechanically entertaining game with a well-rounded story. This will definitely be a traditional RPG with the story being a byproduct of the mechanics. It will have heroes, history, and big motherfucking blades.

Sample Characters: Knight, White Mage, Thief, Black Mage, Monk
    Bad Characters: Goblin, Orc, Someone with Dragon Scales under their Eyes

Iridiel
    Iridiel
    Admin

Post  Iridiel Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:17 am

I'd play either, but I'm leaning more towards the Final Fantasy-esque game. I'm available any weekday after 5, provided I don't have any lectures/quizzes to take for my courses.

I would be playing the Tonberry King (with dragon scales under my eyes)
    Cathetel
    Cathetel

Post  Cathetel Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:21 pm

I really like the sound of both of these games and would be happy to be a part of either! The noir game sounds absolutely fascinating, and I really enjoy something story-driven, so I suppose I may prefer that one?

I'm starting at my new job soon so I'm not terribly sure about hours yet, but evenings should be free and playing late will no longer be an issue.
    Phill
    Phill

Post  Phill Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:42 am

Thanks for setting this up, Taylor. Good format for such lobbying, too.

I will play The City if I can be the NASCAR Driving hooker - otherwise, no.

The Final Fantasy-esque game looks sweet, especially since you say you'll use multiple systems. This will let me flex my gaming muscles while keeping things light and bouncy between the different game times.

Behold my selfishness!
    laylial
    laylial

Post  laylial Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Stupid post didn't save.

I vote the city. I want a vacation from hard fanasy games. Plus, I would like to put some real thought into a character instead of thinking of awesome ways to make things blow up.

If you need me, I will be rewatching episodes of Boss and Gangland in preparation.

That is all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:29 am